Freehold is moving to a NEW SPACE this winter that will allow us to expand operations and better serve our growing community of actors, playwrights and theatre-makers.
To help celebrate our 25th Anniversary, we're inviting you to make a donation to our first-ever CAPITAL CAMPAIGN, which will help ensure that Freehold will be a part of OUR city and community for another 25 years.
Our new home, at Maynard and Weller in Seattle's Chinatown-International District is a 7000 square foot basement in a mixed-used residential building that will be transformed into a Black Box Theatre, two Studios, offices and a library.
Our new space will provide:
- Nearly double our current studio space, allowing us to increase our class and workshop offerings.
- Increased access: Just blocks from over 70 bus lines, the light rail, Sounder, street car, ferries, I-5 and I-90 off ramps and more than 3000 parking spaces.
- Increased availability of rehearsal and performance space for arts organizations that do not have their own home.
- ADA access to all studios will remove all physical barriers to participation in classes, rehearsals, and performances.
- A permanent space for our Engaged Theatre project development, residencies, and workshops.